Sunday, December 21, 2008

Double Date . . . or our "other couple friends" . . . JARED!



So, I always thought that I would be one of those people who made sure (even after I had kids) to regularly go on dates with my husband. I am a marriage and family therapist after all and recommend this often to my clients. However, I am not one of those people. It's something to work on. But, here was our glorious exception. We went on a double date with our wonderful friends, Jared and Charla. We went to paint yourself silly, a place downtown lincoln where you choose a piece of pottery to paint. Then we went out to eat at a fun Italian restaurant in the Lincoln haymarket. It was a wonderful night.


Charla and I are choosing our pieces, colors, and designs. It was a good thing we started early, as it took all four of us an hour just to decide what we wanted to make. It was fun because we were all procrastinators at making our final decision so we felt no pressure to hurry up and get started!

The next two pictures are of us working hard. Well, some of us. Jared was more interested in making funny picture poses.

Notice me ignoring him and continuing to work diligently.

Yeah! The finished products. Jared made a cookie jar painted to look like the world; Charla made his and her mugs; Bryan made an artist's palette; and I made a cup and saucer set. Seriously, this is the most fun we have had in a long time. It was a relaxing atmosphere, inspired creativity, and a shared time with some of the dearest people on the planet to us. Bryan and I definitely need to get out as just a couple more often.



Below is Jared and I posing. Just to let you know a little about this guy--he is super hilarious and constantly doing pranks. One time he made me hold his hand walking into a restaurant to see Bryan's reaction. Bryan didn't even react. It was super disappointing. Next time I'll make Bryan hold Jared's hand. 

The four of us:

All in all, we had a great time. Unfortunately we didn't remember to take the camera to the restaurant, so all the funny things that happened there are only recorded in our minds. I will say that the waitress told us she couldn't split our check up because "we don't usually do that here." Seriously? That one had us laughing for a long time. "I'm sorry, we don't normally seat people with their friends here." Or "I'm sorry, we don't normally bring refills here. We just can't do that." These were some of the lines being said at our table after we were refused splitting the check up. 
It was super refreshing to be around "young love" as Jared and Charla have been dating for four months and it made Bryan and I reminisce about our own first months of hopeless romance :-). 
Thanks Jared and Charla. We love you guys!!!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog Rachel. You got your little comment in eh! Nice. What a good night it was, plus I had leftovers from Vincenzo's. I'll show this over-priced (but tasty) Italian restaurant a thing or two. I'll stretch this lasagna into two meals!!! What now?!?!

Baker Family said...

What a fun night!! Have a Merry Christmas!

Joshua and Julie Marcum said...

Good for you - I'm glad you guys got a date : ) I enjoyed reading your last few posts - and eventually, I plan on getting around to your tag too. Love you!

The Browns said...

Looks like so much fun! You are such a funny writer. Shawn and I need to go on a date too .. . Like Julie, I will also get around to your tag once I'm settled back in from our travels. Love you and miss you so much!
Rebekah

The Browns said...

pottery, date, Christmas, Rachel, Bryan - YAY!


in case you weren't able to use the first batch...
here is some more punctuation - !.",?';: