Thursday, April 30, 2009

Welcome Zach!


As many of you know, we have added a new member to our family! Zach Williams, who is 18 and Bryan's student assistant, is living with us while he finishes out his senior year at Northstar High School and gets ready for college. He has been a real pleasure to have in our home and we love him so much already. Here are some reasons to love Zach:

He has brought such a sweet demeanor into our home. He has a ready smile, easy laugh, and warm heart towards all humanity.

He is a great student (extra brownie points toward Bryan, who also has him in class).

He is perhaps the most responsible teenager I know. I don't even have to wake him up in the morning, which all of you who know me, that is a good thing!

He has embraced all of our craziness so easily---coming along for "family nights" and putting up with our silly antics like it is nothing. He even took off work so he could watch us dance and play music in the Heartland's talent show. He knows where the fun is going to be at (ha ha).

Every text he sends me starts with ha ha. Every one. (See above, I learned that from him.)

And, well look at that smile . . . . he is a handsome guy for sure!!
















So, these pictures are from prom night. We have enjoyed participating in "teenager parenting events." We sent them off to prom with plenty of pictures taken, I enjoy trying to keep up with three male appetites in the house now, and I have a great companion for my night owl tendencies. Zach and I have had many a late night conversation. I always feel like a bad "mom" whenever he doesn't get to bed until 2 am!!!! But really, I think that matches his circadian rhythm . . . . if only he didn't have to get up for school. Well, we let him sleep in on the weekends ;-).

All in all it is a joy to have him around and we look forward to sharing this part of his journey with him! Look forward to some graduation pictures in the near future!


No comments: