Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Day with Elliana!



One of Bryan and I's favorite "couple friends" Stephen and Niki live about an hours drive away in good old York, Nebraska. Last week Corban and I headed in and spent the afternoon hanging out with them and their sweet daughter, Elliana. Niki and I share a lot of parenting ideals so it is always such a blessing to be around each other and each other's children---bouncing ideas off each other, negotiating our toddler's aggressive/possessive behaviors together, laughing at their hilarious antics, cooing over their adorableness, and sharing the blessed moment of a long heart to heart over a cup of tea during one of my favorite times of the day . . . nap time! 


One of their favorite activities . . . . .Corban pushing Elliana in her super cool radio flyer car. Corban is a cautious child so he was very content to stay in the pushing role. If he ventured to climb INTO the car, Elliana would come running over to push him too (I think she is used to taking turns in the different roles). Well, Corban would have none of it. As soon as she neared, he would take a dive out the car door. He was NOT interested in being pushed. Niki did mention this might be a good thing as Elliana has the tendency to be a reckless driver :-).




They played this hilarious game at lunch. It was basically "who can scream louder." One of them would start to yell, and then the other would try to yell over him/her. It was truly a competition, maybe one we should have curbed, but we were too busy laughing hysterically.




And despite some power struggles over various toys, they really do love each other! They both like to kiss and hug, so we had plenty of that going one too :-).


On a side note, if you are wondering why Corban has no pants on, it's because he kept wanting to show Elliana the cool spiderman pictures on his underwear. So, this was the solution I finally came to. 

Thank you Niki, Stephen, and Elliana for a wonderful day. We love you guys!

4 comments:

Laura Reppart said...

sWow! I just read the whole blog! I love all that you write about - its great how you share your heart and thinking - I love you so much and am so proud of you. By the way you may be balanced about Corban but as CoCo I have the privileged of being unbalanced - he is absolutely the most charming, beautiful, amazing, fun, smart, loveable, adorable, funny, little boy in the whole world! Mom

Laura Reppart said...

Wow! I just read the whole blog! I love all that you write about - its great how you share your heart and thinking - I love you so much and am so proud of you. By the way you may be balanced about Corban but as CoCo I have the privilege of being unbalanced - he is absolutely the most charming, beautiful, amazing, fun, smart, loveable, adorable, funny, little boy in the whole world! Mom

Anonymous said...

Yes, and what about your other couple friends? And the date you went on with them?!?!

Jared and Charla

D's Mom said...

Hey Rachel -- I tagged you on my blog!