Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Diving In



What inspires a mother, at 12:30 am, who knows her day includes a toddler tomorrow, to start a blog? The answer is . . . . looking at all the blogs of the people that I love (Marcums, Brown, Ungers, Campbells . . . ) while delaying going to sleep. And a dose of insanity apparently. Recently I've been updating my parents with all these little stories about Corban and so I decided I should expand my horizons and start blogging. I feel selfish enjoying the pictures and stories of my close friends and family scattered all around the world and not sharing some of my own. So yes, I am officially starting to blog. That is probably all I should say for tonight seeing as I should really go to bed. And don't be too disappointed if this is my last post ever :-). But I am going to try! I think I am supposed to put a cute picture of us here now or something, but I have no idea how to do that. 

20 minutes later: As you can see, I figured it out. This is our dog, Dudley. He is 11 years old and quite relieved that we decided to let him make our recent move to Lincoln, NE with us. However, he is grieving the fact that we moved out of the country and into the city. This is his best, most handsome picture. Since it is 1 am I decided against searching through all of our photos to try and find the perfect family photo to start my blog with. So, you get to see Dudley instead! It was one of the first pictures I opened, and I thought---good enough.


4 comments:

Missionary's Missionary said...

I look forward to your blog...I keep up with a lot of people this way. I send all the Barnacles and Dudley my love...Dottie

Campbell Family said...

Yay, you are blogging!!! I am so excited I will get to peek into your life now, especially since you have been peeking into mine. I am going to link to your blog, and I will be back to check on you often, so you'd better keep posting semi-regularly! Oh, by the way, thanks for your comments on my "Childbirth" post. Love you, Laura

Baker Family said...

So excited about your blog. Hopefully you will do better than the baker family has at ours.

The Browns said...

I'm so excited as well! I can't believe you're actually taking the plunge! Love you!